Sunday, January 30, 2011

What Is My Social Media Personality?

This week, I'd like to take the opportunity and talk about what Social Media Personality is. For my blog, I aim to have a charismatic social media personality. (If you want more details of what being charismatic is all about, read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charisma) 

I chose this personality because I want to post tips for everyone reading my blog to follow. There is nothing more rewarding that being a healthy person and with my recent weight loss, if I am able to help others do what I did, I'll know it is worth it. The main traits that best describes my charismatic social media personality are:
  • Personable: try to make it easy for almost anyone to follow the tips and explain each tip in a simple manner
  • Advisor: my goal is to help others get in shape along-side my path to a healthier lifestyle
  • Motivator: diet and exercise are easier said than done. I really want to motivate my blog followers to be persistent and never give up on their weight-lose goals
  • Energetic: I try to be upbeat and full of energy in my posts because that's the best way to engage with others online!
My personality is related to the health and fitness industry because this is a service industry and the more charismatic you are in a service business, the higher the chance for success in it. Being able to help others meet their health and fitness goals is what this industry is all about, because when these individuals meet their goals, it means they have succeeded, or on the path to succeeding. The more successful stories a health and fitness organization has, the more new customers they have potential for. 


One company in the same industry that does an AMAZING job at being charismatic online is Lululemon. There team is really display all the traits I hope to through my blog. See their social media personality shine through at www.lululemon.com, www.lululemon.com/community/blog, www.twitter.com/lululemon,  www.facebook.com/lululemon and www.flickr.com/photos/lululemonathletica.

No comments:

Post a Comment